Sony has intorduced a new digital camera, Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W170, which is having some of the very appealing features that may win over
the minds of various people. This new digital camera is little bit pricey, with a value of about $ 250 attached to it.
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W170 offers a 10-megapixel sensor and a pleasing wide-angle Carl Zeiss lens with 5X optical zoom, while the front of the camera is simple and shiny, dominated by the seemingly gigantic Carl Zeiss lens, the back is a bit cluttered with buttons and dials.
It is notable that the 5X optical zoom in this digital camera is somewhat a bit above average for cameras of this class. Another notable feature in the Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W170 is the smile detection, which you can apply in adult or child priority modes. This feature keeps the shutter from firing until your subject smiles, and it works quite well.
* Flash intensity is adjustable
* Camera is excellent in low light settings, rendering natural-looking skin tones.
* Camera more responsive, with no shutter lag
* Zoom toggle switch is easy to use
* Features a good battery life, can have 310 shots on a single battery charge
* It can shoot 640-by-480-resolution video at 30 fps
* This features optical image-stabilization and a dynamic range setting in order to provide more details in shadowed areas.
* It’s overall image-quality rating poor and it is lagging behind competing point-and-shoot cameras in sharpness and general image quality.
* The lens is quick to focus, but you cannot zoom while shooting video.
Since, Sony is considered to be a top class brand in the market, and due to the brand value they possess, much more was expected from their new digital camera Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W170, which miserably fails at some features of it.
Anyway, this new product from Sony is definitely a watchable one.