The past few months have seen the launch of high-end smart phones beginning with Apple’s iPhone, followed by Nokia’s N96 and Samsung Omnia. All of these handsets cost closer or above Rs 30,000 and claim to be the best in the market…
Both Samsung Omnia and Nokia’s N96 score over the iPhone in terms of features but it’s the rich applications of Iphone which no phone can match. But both Omnia and N96 fall flat against rich touchscreen of iPhone.
1) With a 5 MP camera, Omnia and N96 scrore over iPhone’s 2.5 MP camera.
2) Samsung Omnia and Nokia’s N96 are both equipped with MMS forwarding and video recording facility whereas iPhone has none.
3) The phone’s 24GB of memory consists of 16GB internal memory and an optional 8GB microSD card which can be purchased with the phone. According to Nokia, the phone can store up to 60 hours of video or 20 full-length movies. The 24GB memory of N96 can store up to 18000 songs, up to 20000 images.
Samsung Omnia: The mobile comes in two versions — with 24 GB memory (internal memory of 8 GB and an extendible memory of 16 GB) and with 32 GB memory (internal memory of 16 GB and an external memory of 16 GB).
iPhone: The Apple iconic device comes in two model memory variants, 8GB and 16GB.
4) Nokia N96: No touchscreen. It has a 2.8-inch TFT screen.
iPhone: Offers a large 3.5-inch screen display. The phone’s black plastic skin back has been replaced by silver-aluminum back. While the 8GB model comes in black only, the 16GB version is available in both black and white. iPhone boasts of a single Home button placed below the screen.
Samsung Omnia: Sporting a platinum look, the phone takes advantage of Samsung’s TouchWiz user interface.It has a 3.2-inch LCD touchscreen display.
5) Nokia N96: No operator lock, you can use it on any service provider’s network.
iPhone: Available only on Airtel and Vodafone network.
Samsung Omnia: Omnia too is service provider-agnostic. Users can run it on any service provider’s network.
6) N96 comes preloaded with Wave Secure, a S60 security application that allows consumers to track their handset in the event it is lost or stolen. It also allows them to backup their phone data over the Internet.
iPhone: iPhone 3G gives users faster access to the Internet and email over their cellular network with quad-band GSM and tri-band HSDPA for voice and data connectivity around the world. iPhone 3G supports Wi-Fi, 3G and EDGE networks and automatically switches between them to ensure the fastest possible download speeds. iPhone 3G includes the new App Store, providing iPhone users with native applications in a variety of categories including games, business, news, sports, health, reference and travel.
Samsung Omnia: Powered by Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional, the phone comes with MS Office. An optical mouse has also been included for easy navigation.
7) Apple iphone costs Rs 31,000 for an 8GB model and Rs 36,100 for a 16 GB model. In contrast, Samsung’s Omnia is priced at Rs 39,000 for a 32 GB model and Rs 38,000 for a 24 GB model. On the other hand, N96 is priced at Rs 34,999 for a 16 GB model with a expandable slot for a 8GB card.
Planning to buy a new mobile phone to keep up with your friends? Check out this features and select a mobile phone by yourself. So go take your pick!!!!!!